Lantern Chess a Java ICC Interface
Software for playing on the Internet Chess Club - on Mac Linux and Windows
Download Version: Lantern 557
In App Stores - Lantern iOS and Lantern on Android
Author Mike Adams @PulsarMike
Want to show support, Link to this Page
Questions, Suggestions: email LanternBugs at gmail. For help Lantern Manual
|Wallpaper - Lookup User View
| Customizable pieces, squares, colors, fonts, and board window.
|Many Boards and Pieces to Choose
|Bughouse and Crazyhouse support
|Activities Window with seeks, notify and events list
|Engine Analysis `board design - modern`
Client for Internet Chess Club runs on Mac, Linux and Windows
Requires Java(Does not have to be on in browser)
Sometimes referred to as a Blitzin for Mac or Dasher for Mac
Lantern Chess client features for Chessclub.com - ICC include:
- Load chess engines(such as Stockfish) for analysis while examining or observing
- Send parameters to UCI Engines - Chess Engine Analysis
- Open Pgn, logs the played games to PGN, can optionally log all observed games to pgn
- Over a dozen board and piece choices for use in online play. Customize board colors and font sizes - tabbed chess board with simul support and board console(which can be moved to side of board for largest board
- Both multi console and chat tabs supported - can group multiple channels on tabs - can have a different font on each tab -
Set every channel and text color - Set a main application wallpaper or background color
- User buttons - Notify window - toolbar with easy access to Activities window, seek graph and top games window - Pool buttons(such as 5-minute) on toolbar
- supports all wild variants on ICC including crazyhouse(only Mac interface to support crazyhouse), Checkers and Bughouse -- had a piece pallette in examine mode to set up chess positions - make a circles and arrows while examining
- Select names in consoles or on board for a menu of context commands such as looking at the players profile, history or library, challenging them or observing them
- Actions menu to show users recent game, library or adjourned games, look at users profile, enter examination mode, examine last game, show rating graphs,
follow broadcast, open ChessFm
Here is a collection of .b2a ASCII files that can be used with Lantern's Scripter
Lantern Chess can be used for a free trial with Mac, Linux, and Windows on the Internet Chess Club. See validating
a PayPal trial if you do not allready have a Chessclub.com account. There is a temporary hold by ICC of $0.01 in order to validate. Lantern Software is free.
And some sites of interest...
Internet Chess Club
Pulsar for iOS
El Capitan OS
Mac Chess Program
Lantern is a GPL program. Unzip the same jar file you downloaded to get at Source Code and License.
Serious chess. Serious fun!